What a fantastic start to the week we have had!
Yesterday, we enjoyed our first swimming session and it was very clear that the children loved every minute of their new Monday activity!
Thank you to all of the parents/carers in Glowworms Class for meeting so bright and early. Same time next Monday, 8.40am at Freshfield Place entrance.
Tomorrow (Wednesday 16th) we have a very exciting opportunity to participate in our Dance across the World Workshop so all children will need their PE kit and sensible shoes they can dance in i.e trainers or pumps.
In English, we have been writing letters to the Evil Stepmother to demand that Cinderella deserves to go to the ball. The children have created amazing ideas of why they think Cinderella should deserve to go.
In Maths, we have been working extremely hard on our Multiplication unit, using our mathematical vocabulary and the grid method. If you would like to help your children with the grid method, please use this example to guide you. If you are unsure the steps should help you.
35 x 7 =
1) Partition 35 into 30 and 5
2) Draw your grid (as shown below)
3) Using your new partitioned number, add it to the top column
4) Put the number you are multiplying under the multiply sign
5) Multiply 30 x 7, put it into the first box (under the 30)
6) Multiply 5 x 7, put it into the second box (under the 5)
7) Add your two answers together
Year 3 Team